Acceptable Use Policy
- Acceptance of Agreement
- Terminology (DoD)
The following User Agreement ("Agreement") governs the use of Global ECCO, GlobalECCO.org, any content pages to include social networking pages, blogs and file sharing sites, along with all policies applicable to Global ECCO information. Please read the rules contained in this Agreement carefully. You can access this Agreement any time. Your use of any aspect of the websites ("Site") will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules. If you cannot agree with these rules, please do not use the Site. The Agreement may be modified from time to time; the date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page, so check back often. Continued access of the Site by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement. Your failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted at various points in the Site, may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Site, without notice.
- Eligibility and sign-up
Access to this Site will be available for appropriately vetted CTFP alumni, non-CTFP alumni from affiliated institutions, US personnel working in the CT realm, and others with special permission.
Users will be encouraged to sign up at CTFP events and courses. CTFP alumni and others can also request an account at any time. Activation of new accounts will NOT be automatic and will be subject to verificatio
- Verification of Users
The verification criteria for new users will be as follows.
- CTFP Alumni: individuals must provide their name, country of origin, contact information, schoolhouse, course location, and date(s) of course(s) attended, other information as needed.
- CTFP-Affiliated Individuals, and other USG Employees: Instructors, staff, and other (non-CTFP) students at CTFP-affiliated institutions will provide their names, contact information, institutional affiliation, USG email accounts (e.g. .gov or .mil and/or other information as needed
- Protecting Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property (Digital Media © Act DMCA)
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site may be protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any part of this Site content is strictly prohibited except for content in the "public" areas. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
Limited Right to Use: The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic, form or document from the Site grants you, except as otherwise expressly noted, only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use.
- Information and Press Releases.
The Site may contain information and press releases about us, or links to such items. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about entities other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
- Content Posted, Disclaimer and Limits (DoD)
The GlobalECCO website does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on the Site. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of the Combating Terrorism Fellowship Program, the Department of Defense, the United States Government or its third party service providers. By submitting a comment for posting, you agree that the Global ECCO, the Department of Defense, the United States Government and its third party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
Please choose carefully the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Global ECCO Services and that you provide to other Users. Your Global ECCO profile may not include any form of Prohibited Content, as outlined in the bullet points below. Despite this prohibition, information, materials, products or services provided by other Global ECCO Members (for instance, in their profiles) or Linked Services may, in whole or in part, be unauthorized, impermissible or otherwise violate this Agreement, and Global ECCO assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Global ECCO Services by any person or Linked Service, please click on the "Contact Global ECCO" or the "Report Abuse" link at the bottom of the Global ECCO Site pages.
- Global ECCO may reject, refuse to post or delete any Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, content that in the sole judgment of Global ECCO violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity.
- Global ECCO assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Global ECCO Services for inappropriate Content or conduct.
- However, Global ECCO will monitor the Global ECCO website. Global ECCO nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, nor obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content. Global ECCO assumes no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on, through or in connection with any of the Global ECCO Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users.
- Editing, Deleting and Modification: Appropriate and Inappropriate Content.
Global ECCO reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the social media sites in its sole discretion, without notice. Comments submitted to these sites will be reviewed and a representative sample may be posted on the site or inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of Global ECCO. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
- To ensure constructive questions, please post only questions directly related and relevant to the Global ECCO community. Posts should be: collaborative, considerate, factual, and respectful
- Refrain from posting questions that could be interpreted as containing threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
- Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
- Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Promotes services or products (not including non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic)
- Includes any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses)
- We emphasize all users' responsibility to report inappropriate actions or postings, such as:
- Posting or linking to messages that contain personal attacks, unsolicited advertising, adult content,
- Posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
- Posts that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass.
- Global ECCO Assumes No Liability
- Non-Attribution Clause.
Participants will not attribute statements to GlobalECCO participants or the GlobalECCO website in public media or forums or knowingly transmit them to persons who will enter statements into the public arena.